Lady of the Lake (RPG for Windows)
A downloadable video game for Windows
An old school turn-based JRPG-style video game in the world of King Arthur.
You start with Vivian, Merlin's apprentice. Vivian starts with a simple quest and finds herself entangled in multiple possible adventures, such as saving kids who were kidnapped by goblins. You can defend Camelot from different possible threats, find the Holy Grail, and defeat the Dark Lord!
You may recruit monsters and other important Arthurian characters to your team. The first monster that joins your team determines what other monsters can join the team.
The free demo has around a third of the game content -- two to four hours of the story. The full game will take six to twelve hours to finish.
- OS: Windows R 7/8/8.1/10/11 (32bit/64bit)
- Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better
- Memory: 2GB or more
- Graphics: DirectX 9/OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU
- Storage: Unzipping needs around 2 GB.
- Additional Notes: 1280×768 or better
Developed with RPG Maker MV.
- Arthurian allies -- You can recruit famous allies from the world of King Arthur: Lancelot, Guinevere, Merlin, Arthur, and more!
- Monster allies -- The first monster you recruit determines what other monsters you can recruit.
- Choices -- Your actions can lead to different possible scenarios, such as Camelot being attacked by various villains.
- New Game Plus -- After you beat the game, save the game. You can "continue" that game to start a new game with benefits. You will keep any legendary equipment you got, and bosses will be more challenging. Additionally, there's a New Game Plus option to choose your starting team, which changes how the game functions a bit as well.
- Secret Ally Guide -- The game comes with a PDF file with information that can be used to recruit various possible allies to your team.
This is our first video game!
- September 16, 2022: The official game is up for sale!
- September 13, 2022 (v 1.1): We added benefits to beating the game solo and fixed several small issues.
- September 9, 2022 (v 1): (1) The boss monster ally was updated. (2) Multiple possible scenarios & game ending cut scenes had issues, and they should be fixed. (3) Hammers are no longer defence-piercing, but they are still good against heavy armor. A lot of equipment had issues that were fixed.
- August 30, 2022 (v 0.991): I found a potentially severe problem with the battle events, especially if a random friendly NPC joined the battle. It should be fixed.
- August 30, 2022 (v 0.99): (1) Rows require that a front row is being used again, and your row preference is reset after the battle. (2) Weaker monsters are now better at high levels. (3) Protecting allies as a substitute should now require being in the front row.
- August 26, 2022 (v 0.981): I made a mistake with the "escape" event that caused a powerful NPC to ask to join your team right away.
- August 26, 2022 (v 0.98): The Secret Ally Guide was updated. Also: (1) Skill trees were updated. (2) Rows no longer move during battle. (3) Most characters get significantly better at higher levels.
- August 19, 2022: We added the secret ally guide (v 0.9). It will likely be updated at least a little bit, especially if the game has any relevant significant changes.
- August 17, 2022 (v 0.97): (1) Skill trees were updated. (2) There's a new Game Over screen. (3) BP healing items and skills now show the healing amount similar to HP & MP. (4) Potential confusion from the mouse cursor overriding the keyboard should be fixed. (5) The text box is now smaller.
- August 14, 2022 (v 0.94): (1) The AI for many enemies was improved. (2) The white rabbit enemy was added. (3) The "optimize" option for equipping items was greatly improved. (4) If all allies are in the back row, they will all move to the front row. (5) The max MP for high level warriors was increased.
- August 8, 2022 (v 0.9): Guinevere had a chance to disappear forever and that should be fixed. There was a way to find her, but it got deleted on accident, and we just needed to be copy/pasted back into the game.
- July 27, 2022 (v 0.88): (1) Merlin no longer tells you about saving the game. (2) Random NPC allies that join during a battle stayed in the party when you escaped, and that should be fixed now. We are now using the Battle End Events plugin from here (SumRndmDde). Yanfly's plugin doesn't work right.
- July 17, 2022 (v 0.87): (1) The allies now continually step, even when they aren't walking anywhere. (2) The full screen toggle description had a problem, and it should be fixed now.
- July 7, 2022 (v 0.85): (1) The game now has an exit option in the main menu from here (SumRndmDde). (2) The game now has gamepad config settings in the options menu. (3) Information about "formation" is now included in the Help section of the main menu.
- July 3, 2022 (v 0.84): Animated cupboards, closets, and cupboards were added. More treasures can be found in them. More treasures can also be found in pots, barrels, bookshelves, and sparkly spots.
- June 30, 2022 (v 0.82): There should now always be two ways to get the bronze key. The help command also now has information about the gamepad/keyboard controls.
- June 23, 2022 (v 0.81): The demo was finished. The main most recent update at this point was changing the animations for mute/silence and charm/bewitch.
In order to download this video game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Lady of the Lake Official Release! ($5)13 days ago
- Lady of the Lake Demo (v 1.1)16 days ago
- Lady of the Lake Demo (v 1)20 days ago
- Lady of the Lake Demo (v 0.99)30 days ago
- Lady of the Lake Demo (v 0.98)34 days ago
- Lady of the Lake Secret Ally Guide v 0.941 days ago
- Lady of the Lake Demo (v 0.97)43 days ago
- Lady of the Lake Demo (v 0.94)45 days ago